My life is blessed with the 2 most amazing little boys, Maddox and Mason, which have inspired this blog. I hope through the love and craziness of our family, I can give each person who reads this something to smile about! God Bless!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Looking at History Among Beauty

I had to visit a historical place for my teaching Social Studies class. We were to visit and check it out so that we could discuss field trips and things students could participate in while visiting such a place. I chose to go to Pickett's Mill. It is right around the corner from the house and I had never been there. Maddox, Mason and I went the morning of November 14th and met a classmate, Alyssa, and her son Dalton who is in 5th grade. The historical site was beautiful and so well preserved. There is a small museum and walking trails with detailed maps to let you know what occurred along the specific trails. The trail we chose was 3 miles long and very interesting. Will definitely have to go back when the weather warms up again. Maddox enjoyed the walk and had very tired legs. When the trail got bumpy and the stroller was rockin' Mason got a little irritated, but we got him out and he had a blast too.


Maddox observing the canon.


Hiking the trails.


Maddox, Mason and mommy!


Dalton found Maddox a hiking stick. So cute!


Alyssa showing Maddox the creek and pointing out some nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment