My life is blessed with the 2 most amazing little boys, Maddox and Mason, which have inspired this blog. I hope through the love and craziness of our family, I can give each person who reads this something to smile about! God Bless!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

He is getting so BIG!

Ok, I have to brag about my big boy today. Each day I am amazed at how big my little Maddox is. He does things that amaze me, says new things that blow me away and continues to grow up WAY too fast! Yesterday was a day full of fun and big boy moments.

Even though we are not trying or pressing the issue of potty training right now, Maddox has learned the concept and periodically will ask to go potty. Whether he truly has to go or just hopes to go in order to get a treat, he is interested and that is definitely the beginning. He has successfully gone potty in the past, but yesterday when he asked, he not only really had to go, but wanted to use the big potty. Oh the excitement on his face . . . and of course he got M&Ms as a treat!

Ok, so as if that was not enough, he also got rid of his paci yesterday! He was SO attached and I was unsure how we were ever going to get rid of it. I had decided that we were not even going to attempt to throw it out or get rid of it with Mason's arrival, but would worry with that later. But, yesterday when our neighbor came over, Maddox gave his paci away. Our neighbor asked him for it, he turned it over and Jerrod and I ran with it. A few tears were shed at bedtime when he wanted it, but after being reminded that he gave it away and seeing that mommy and daddy truly were not turning it over, he laid down and went to bed. MY LITTLE BOY IS ALL GROWN UP!

Below are some pictures of Maddox yesterday playing with the water hose. What a great day! We all went to the park in the morning and after Maddox's nap Jerrod, Maddox and I were able to have a little quality time while Mason slept. Maddox fell in love with the water hose and every inch of him was soaked!


Drinking from the hose . . . oh what memories!


If you shake it water goes everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment