My life is blessed with the 2 most amazing little boys, Maddox and Mason, which have inspired this blog. I hope through the love and craziness of our family, I can give each person who reads this something to smile about! God Bless!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pickin' Blueberries!

Yesterday morning Maddox and I went blueberry picking. We left Mason at Nana's house and headed out. Maddox was not sure what to think about it when I told him what we were going to do, but when we got there he seemed to have a good time. This time of year the whole crop is not ripe yet, so we had to pick around the red ones and hunt down the blue ones. Maddox could have cared less what color they were, he just started picking! This turned out to be much harder and time consuming work then I had imagined. After an hour and 15 minutes we had just shy of a gallon and called it quits. Maddox had given up on the blueberries and had started picking wildflowers. I would have not traded the one on one time I had with him for anything. And, when daddy got home and asked him what he did during the day his immediate answer was "I picked blueberries daddy." Priceless! At least he will remember for a little while.


And he's off!


Get 'em Maddox!


Maddox checking out his stash.


Still smiling after a hard mornings work!

No comments:

Post a Comment